My Blog is Moving!

I have decided to move my blog! You can now find me HERE! http://arunningbee.blogspot.com/

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Run From the Cops!! Tempe AZ First 5K! December 1, 2012 Run

Yippee!! I ran my First 5k today!! Tempe Run from the Cops 2012!

We ran from the cops! LOL! It was awesome! The perfect way to support our local Police department and the only time you can legally run from the cops, what could be better??
So... are you ready for my time?

According to the CEP timing I ran the 5k in 30:29
 (insert smile)


I can for sure say that my strict running routine paid off! I never imagined that I could run under a 10 minute mile!

According to Runkeeper:


 Total miles run: 3.21
Time: 31:13
My fastest time yet!

The course we ran around Tempe Town Lake:


Now for some crazy stats out of 348 runners:

My 11 year old daughter placed 26 overall!
She placed 3rd in the 1-17 year old range! 
She placed 1st in the 12 and under
Her time: 24:13
And she won a set of engraved handcuffs! 


 













My 10 year old placed 92 over all her time: 27:55
She placed 2nd in the 12 and under

My Husband placed 103 his time: 28:28

I placed 137 my time: 30:29


Ready to run! # 302


So happy I DID IT!!


 
   I am now starting to train for a 10K~ Yippee!!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!! That is AWESOME!!!!!!! Loving the photos!!!!! How cool is that event!

Georgiana said...

How exciting that you ALL ran too. Good luck on your training for the 10K. You can do it!

DIANA L. said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so proud of you. I'm so glad you got to do this as a family, what a great memory and a wonderful bunch of photos for your smash book.
LOOKIN" GOOD

MiamiKel said...

Look at you! You are an absolutely gorgeous girl! Congratulats all around, especially getting the kids involved as well - such a magnificent milestone to say "we did it!" Those are the coolest handcuff prizes - what a hoot! WAY TO GO!!