My Blog is Moving!

I have decided to move my blog! You can now find me HERE! http://arunningbee.blogspot.com/

Monday, August 13, 2012

Me... A Runner??

A little history on me....

In January 2012 I decided to hop on the health train my Husband was already on. We decided as a family to get fit. I have shed many tears on my journey, battled my own inner voice and over came the Arizona Heat.

From January until May  I did something everyday, walked, rode my bike, and started hiking. Nothing to serious just staying active. When I finally decided to try running, I thought it was just not meant to be. I could barely make it to the end of my block! 

On May 19 an opportunity came up to Hike Humphrey's Peak! The highest peak in Arizona, Elevation: 12,637 feet. I had 6 weeks to kick my workout into gear and be ready for the big hike. And running became "My Thing"

Fast forward to 6 weeks later, the hike was an amazing success! I hiked with not a single issue!  And the next day I felt awesome! No aches no pains.

I have continued running ever since then. I have been running now for 12 weeks. 

I decided it was time to actually start tracking my stats. My only regret was not doing it from the start! But I can only move forward! 

No comments: